Monday, September 19, 2011

An Analysis of the Health Care Question

The New American posted a great analysis of the Healthcare fallacy that was posed during the Tea Party debate hosted earlier this month. The idea that if a person has no insurance, and the government does not provide for it, then that person is going to die.


The article breaks down the fallacy and also repudiates Paul Krugman, a New York Times journalist who has a tendency to make false assumptions. Going to my earlier blog posts, I speak from experience that one does not need health insurance, much less government mandated health insurance, to get medical care when confronted with a major health problem.

I am not saying that my situation is a regular occurrence in the health care industry. In fact, I had to change doctor's in order to find an honest one that would treat my condition and my bank account fairly, but I found one. Government run healthcare is not and should not be the only solution.

Sidenote: That doctor that tried to gouge me to treat my illness ended up losing his office and moving somewhere else (probably to an area where he could gouge new patients or their insurance companies).

No comments:

Post a Comment