Monday, August 5, 2013

Race Baiting - The Disturbing New Trend

People that know me know that I am a shooting enthusiast, and that I own a few firearms. There's nothing that I like more than just going to the shooting range on weekends to shoot some paper targets. Recently though, I came across an article in bloomberg.com that noted that gun magazines were missing pictures of minorities in their pages.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2013-07-30/guns-are-for-white-people.html

As an American of Chinese descent, it is appalling that opponents of firearms ownership seek to divide people along racial lines in order to drum up support for their political agendas, whether it be Stand Your Ground laws or gun control.

If I were to buy gun magazines, I want to read about guns and look at pictures of said guns. The last thing on my mind is whether there are enough asians pictured in the magazine. The people that use tactics to divide the public along racial lines are doing nothing to help society. They only seek to drum up support for their own political self interests. Make no mistake, these people are not looking out for you and me, or even society as whole.

The above article from bloomberg.com does absolutely nothing except indirectly label the firearms community as racist and make an attempt to place a wedge between minorities and other responsible gun owners. I for one am sick of people that resort to these tactics. These people need to be called out for the race baiters that they are and treated as pariahs who will sacrifice the well-being of society for their own selfish political gains.

Enough is enough. End the race baiting now.

No comments:

Post a Comment